The front oil cooler is part of the Cobra 'look'. I had previously fitted mounting studs and pipework, so first step to paint the cooler.
Bolted in and pipes connected, (note the ground open ring spanner for the aluminium fittings, which are easily marked)
Dare I say it - how cool is that
To keep everything symmetrical, the right hand pipe has to cross the engine bay to connect to the oil cooler thermostat next to the left wheel. Using a fisheye lens looking up, the picture shows the pipe comes from the cooler at the top of the picture and running towards the left side of the car. I will have to clamp the pipe to prevent it fouling the suspension arm.
Runs under the dry sump tank.
Connects to the oil cooler thermostat, in place of a blank. I did think I would need to drain the oil, but since the thermostat was cool and closed, very little oil came out. Also connected the left pipe.
No comments:
Post a Comment