The heater element and fan sits under the left wing, just forward of the foot-well. Pipes are run through the engine bay wall and connect to rigid pipes that run to the right side of the engine. Normally two rubber elbows are used, one each side of the wall with a joiner, unfortunately, I had run the rigid pipes too close to the engine bay wall so there was not enough room for two rubber elbows.
I therefore had to substitute one rubber elbow for a copper elbow and shorten the copper heater hose outlet. Why do the simplest jobs take the longest.
Complete, (satisfaction just about balanced frustration)
Day was saved by the arrival of LS7 badges from Australia (only source on Ebay). These are simple self adhesive aluminium, but will add a nice touch to the car.
Tried out a paper label, (I will get the proper ones on straight), looks great.

Paul... Where did you get those Aluminium heater pipe holders (clamps)... I need something like that for my hoses.
ReplyDeleteSteve Hughes