First step, send off the body for engine bay painting;
The body is on the wooden trolley for this part of the work.
After the engine bay was finished, I fitted the body and chassis together. I was able to use my engine hoist using shackles bolted into the seat and seat belt holes. (Andy from GD advises asking six/eight strong friends to help lift and position the body, I have six friends, but they are not strong, hence the hoist).
This is my second time fitting the body, I have found it necessary to remove the top radiator bracket and the air cleaner (it's on the bench at the back). Both can (just) be fitted after the body is on. I also added a temporary plate with eyes near the radiator to allow the car to be winched onto the trailer. This was also useful in attaching straps to pull the body forward into position on the chassis.
Then back to PP. It was a rainy day, so I taped up all the gaps, (car should be waterproof but being over cautious).
Now I just have to wait. Nine coats, nine rubdowns, four days between coats and should be back in the new year. In the meantime I have taken the opportunity to clear out the garage and lay more flooring;



No comments:
Post a Comment