Sunday, 25 March 2012

Small (but important) Jobs

 Three minor jobs were completed while I wait for the exhaust manfolds to arrive from the US. First was the fitting of a quality electrical connector to the 19 core free tail to the 'Mast Motorsport' ECU wiring loom. This wiring carries the start and ignition circuits so must be reliable.


Had to bring the tools to the car as the wiring is now part of the chassis.


Complete, took careful note of what wire connected to what pin.


Next job is to fit a proper metal blank to the mechanical speedo takeoff point on the gearbox, I am using the electrical speedo takeoff point, so don't need the mechanical one. The TKO 600 geadbox comes fitted with a rubber plug.


This was removed to reveal the worm gear.


The metal plug is very simple.


Complete.


Next job is to devise a means of securing the fuel line fitting that connects the rigid 8mm copper fuel pipe to the flexible line to the engine. Made a bracket and silver soldered it to the body of an 8mm to 1/4" BSPP adapter. Not as good as I would like, but functional and I did at least remove the vice marks.
 

Bolted on and fuel line connected.


Fuel system complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment