Tuesday, 20 September 2011

Oil Vents

The rocker cover must vent to the dry sump tank and this must vent to atmosphere via a tank to catch oil. Started by fitting nutserts to secure the catch tank.


 
Bought the catch tank from JEGs in the USA (~$80), then made a bracket and bolted in position. I may need to fit a sight glass tube to check oil level. The tank has a drain tap in the bottom.
 

Piped up to outlet of dry sump tank using 10 JIC fittings and tube.


The right rocker cover was fitted with a short 3/8" diameter stub pipe with an expanded end to grip a rubber tube. The braided pipes are not necessary but look good, but these did need the expanded end cutting off to allow a compression adapter to be fitted. (cutting the pipe needed to rocker cover removing so I was sure no swarf got inside the head).


The left rocker cover was 10mm diameter, but because this was at the rear of the rocker cover I extended it forward using 10mm dia copper pipe. I am not too pleased with my pipe bending, I may replace this, but it will be hidden under the engine covers.


Completed installation, may need a few more 'P' clips.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment