The front dashboard panel will provide some strength and provide a 'recessed' appearance for the instruments and switches. First job is to use the rear dash panel as a template.
Cut it out.
The two panels need to be clamped together then trial fitted to the car. I do not intend to have screw heads showing so the rear panel must have studs fitted. These must be flush on the front to allow the front panel to fit. I countersunked (countersinked?) the mounting holes and glued in M5 screws. To aviod any possibility of turning I soldered a small piece of piano wire into the slot.
Trial fitted both panels, bolted them together in-situ. The panel holes have been pilot drilled so I know their positions when the panels are separated later for separate hole drilling.
Removed the bolted panels. Started to cut the 19 mm IVA radius on the bottom of the panel. The rounding-over router cutter is guided by the profile of the lower edge.
Halfway there, risk of disaster with a powerful 1400W router is very high.
Don't let it move.
Completed front routing, finished off the ends with a file.







